Tuesday, March 24, 2020

The Grains are Shifting.....


 My home based friends/moms will get this... and this isn't meant to offend anyone but to express what has been on my mind and sometimes heavy on my heart for years.
Here is a positive I've found during this current situation ... for years I have always felt like homeschooling, working from home, gardening, cooking dinner or baking bread )all the things I often did during the week) was something many others viewed as odd about me.
I mean... obviously I still did me hahaha... My whole blog for years has been about doing what works or is right for you.
Comments like "I wish I could just lounge around all day" , when I worked but from my kitchen table.
or "I wish I could afford t
o stay home"... For the record just like many of you now.. I am earning an income and at the times I did not we chose to sacrifice to care for a loved on or child.
Once somebody said to me in reference to home schooling; "We are so sorry you have to do this", Excuse the expression but 
wth?  We choose to do this!

When I was crafty, thrifty (we had 5 kids) or spent the afternoon baking or making someone smile; comments like calling me Martha Stewart with snickers or saying "I wish I had that much time on my hands" can often be hurtful.
I dismissed these in general there were some who are repeat offenders so you know who you are.
Back to the positive.... If you need help adjusting to answering calls, typing reports, teaching kids, cooking dinner and keeping your family happy, fed and joyful (at home): all at the same time. Multitasking is my game.

I have run not one but several successful businesses with five small children running around and often on a very very tight budget (for years my husband was in grad school and a teacher). By the way, he thinks I am being a tad harsh.
 I get it we did not just start being home based overnight and neither will you. It takes trial and error to find your mojo, but you will. 
You have to give up your traditional way of thinking about everything and do what works for you. #lifecoaching

The past week has been SOOOO productive because I haven't gotten the, "well you were at home, so we just assumed you weren't busy tasks handed to me"

I have been training for this for 30 years ask me I am happy to help. REALLY!! I AM :

First time in over 25 years I didn't feel defensive about being home based  #soliberating #livevibrantly
Any other women out there feel like this is your time to shine!?!?
#justsaying #rockingthis #feelingempowered #fivechildrenandafarm #imaginethepossibilites #ridiculouslyamazinglife
This situation may change the way the entire world functions and some of us might be feeling like we were just given a head start.
For some insight on living from within, with family all around;
check out my blog "Five Children and a Farm" This could be the most amazing thing that has ever happened to you!!!!!
"You know not the plans I have for you"

No comments:

Post a Comment